If your Whirlpool washer smells, it’s probably because of mildew or mold. This can be a huge problem, as the odor of a smelly washing machine can permeate your family’s clothes and home. In this guide, we will discuss why a washer smells bad and how to get rid of the odor.
Whirlpool Washer Smells? Follow These Easy Steps…
Whirlpool washer smells can be an inconvenience, especially if the washer leaves your clothes wet. If your washing machine smells bad, it can be difficult to get the odor out of your clothes, laundry room, and home. In this guide, we will discuss why a washer smells bad and how to get rid of the odor.
Why Does My Whirlpool Washing Machine Smell?
There are a few reasons why your Whirlpool washing machine might smell bad. The most common reason is mildew or mold. When clothes are left in the washer for too long, they can start to grow mold or mildew. This can cause a musty smell that can be difficult to get rid of. Another reason why your washer might smell bad is because of dirt or grease build-up. Over time, dirt and grease can build up on the inside of your washing machine, causing it to smell bad.
How Do I Get the Mildew Smell Out of My Whirlpool Washing Machine?
If your Whirlpool washer smells like mildew, there are a few things you can do to get rid of the odor. The first thing you should do is clean out your washer and resolve the smelly washer tub problem. Ensure there are no clothes inside the washer.
To Clean a Washer Tub:
- Add two cups of vinegar to the washer tub and run a cycle on the hottest setting.
- If you have a front load washer, pour one cup of vinegar into the detergent dispenser and run a cycle on the hottest setting.
- If you have a top load washer, pour one cup of vinegar into the washer tub and run a cycle on the hottest setting.
- After the cycle is complete, wipe down the inside of the washer tub with a clean cloth. You may need to run another cycle with just water to remove any residual vinegar smell.
If your Whirlpool washing machine still smells like mildew, you can try using bleach to eliminate the odor. Repeat the above steps using bleach.
To Clean a Front-Load Washer Door Seal and Gasket:
- Mix one cup of bleach with one gallon of water.
- Using gloves and a soft washcloth, wipe down the front-load washer door and gasket with the bleach solution.
- Make sure to clean the inside of the rubber gasket or door seal. Mold, mildew, and debris tend to accumulate in the door seal, contributing to the Whirlpool washer smells.
- Rinse the area with clean water and dry it with a soft cloth.
What Is the Best Way to Clean the Inside of Your Washing Machine?
The best way to clean the inside of your Whirlpool washing machine is by using Affresh Washing Machine Cleaner tablets. These tablets are designed to clean the inside of your washing machine and remove any bad smells. Are you wondering how to clean a Whirlpool washing machine?
To use Affresh Washing Machine Cleaner, simply drop a single tablet into an empty washer tub, select and run the “clean washer” cycle on your machine. After it is complete, gently wipe away any residue that may be left behind.
If your Whirlpool washer is still not functioning properly after trying to clean it, we recommend you call Royal Appliance for professional washer repair. Royal Appliance has been providing quality appliance repairs for over 20 years. We have the expertise and knowledge to get your washer up and running again in no time.