Some chores like cleaning your oven or a dirty glass cooktop sound like a real pain. Luckily, that doesn’t have to be the case! If you have spills and bits of burnt-on food on your stovetop, making it look like new again can be quick and easy. Just follow our guide on how to clean a Maytag glass cooktop safely without scratching it.
The Ultimate Guide to Clean a Maytag Glass Cooktop
We will walk you through the steps to clean your glass cooktop using natural household products you likely already have. We will also answer the question, “What is the best thing to clean a glass stove top?”
How Do You Keep Stains off a Glass Top Stove?
The most important thing to do is clean your stovetop after every use. To do this, spray the surface with a mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Wipe down with a clean microfiber cloth to remove any residue that may have accumulated during cooking.
During your daily cleaning, if fresh spills have burned onto your cooktop, yet do not come off with vinegar alone; you’ll want to grab a bit of baking soda.
To clean a Maytag glass cooktop using baking soda:
- Begin by spraying the entire cooktop surface with the vinegar solution and allow it to sit.
- Then, sprinkle baking soda over the burnt-on stains.
- The vinegar and baking soda will mingle and help lift grease and stains off. Allow it to sit another moment until bubbling slows.
- Then, using a soft cloth or durable paper towel, wipe the baking-soda-covered stains in a circular motion to lift all of the debris and baking soda off.
- Using a clean, soft microfiber cloth, finish cleaning with another spritz of vinegar to the cooktop. Wipe the cooktop until clean and dry.
How Do You Clean a Burnt Glass Stove Top?
An additional step will be needed to clean a Maytag glass cooktop that has stubborn, burned-on stains.
Gather the following supplies:
- A clean cloth or sponge that has been soaked in warm, soapy water.
- A spray bottle of vinegar
- Baking soda
- A razor or cooktop scraping tool
To Get a Clean Glass Top Range:
- Begin by soaking a clean cloth in warm, soapy water.
- Place the cloth over the burned-on stains for 30 minutes. This will help loosen and soften any food stains that have been baked onto the cooktop.
- Using your razor or cooktop scraper, gently scrape away any remaining debris. Be careful to work slowly and not poke or jab at the stain, which can scratch the cooktop.
- Once the majority of the burnt-on stain has been scraped away, carefully lift the removed food debris off of the cooktop surface and discard.
- Spray the clean surface with vinegar, then sprinkle baking soda over the area where the stain once was. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Then, using a clean cloth, scrub the baking-soda-covered stains in a circular motion to remove any remaining debris. Rinse clean with water and dry to a clean shine.
What Is the Best Thing to Clean a Glass Stove Top?
For a clean glass cooktop, we recommend the Affresh Cooktop Cleaning Kit. This kit contains a specialized cleaner, scrubbing pads, and a cooktop scraping tool, making it easy to clean any stubborn stains or food debris that have built up over time.
To clean a Maytag glass cooktop with the Affresh Cooktop Cleaning Kit:
- Begin by applying a generous amount of Affresh Cooktop Cleaner on your glass cooktop.
- Using the included scratch-resistant pads, scrub in a circular motion to clean the entire surface.
- Use the cooktop scraper tool to remove any remaining debris or burnt-on stains.
- Use a soft, microfiber cloth to buff the cooktop surface to a clean shine. Rinsing is not needed.
What Should You Not Clean a Glass Top Stove With?
When cleaning a Maytag glass cooktop, it is important to use non-abrasive cleaners and scrubbing tools. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or scouring pads that can scratch the surface of your clean glass stove top. Always read the label before using any type of cleaner on your cooktop.
Cleaners and Products to Avoid:
- Steel wool
- Chlorine bleach or any cleaner that contains it
- Ammonia, or any cleaner that contains it
- Rust remover
- Caustic chemicals, including oven cleaner products
- Any abrasive powder cleaners
For range and oven repair or service you can trust, Royal Appliance Repair is your ideal choice. Our oven repair technicians provide quality repairs with a speedy turnaround time. Contact us today for your next repair need!